STAGE NO.2 INSTALL ROOTBALL LINING AND FILL UP THE TRENCH WITH TOPSOIL
- Trenching will cut off all the hair root which do all the absorption of water and nutrients
- Topsoil and high phosphate fertilizer will encourage the growth of new hair roots within the lining area.
- Lining must be of porous material preferably of cellulose base.
- Watering must be done daily
- Pruning will lessen water loss through persperation.
- Usually new root will grow within three months.
- Make a small exploratory excavation to check on the extent of new root growth; before transplanting can commence.
- Do not transplant the tree if there are a sudden influx of new shoots appear on the tree, you have to wait until the young shoots mature before transplanting can proceed, if not the tree will not survive.
STAGE NO.3. EXCAVATION, TRANSPORT AND TRANSPLANTING
- Tie the edge of root-ball lining to the trunk at 300mm interval all round to protect from slipping.
- Excavate to free the root-ball from the ground
- Wrap and protect the trunk for lifting
- Provide pillows on the lorry for transportation
- Tie the tree properly to avoid movement during transportation
- Lowered tree into the waiting holes.
- Fill up with good topsoil for planting and add phosphate fertilizer. (Usually we use Christmas Island Rock Phosphate or CIRP)
- Tying and guying should be done properly to protect from falling due the wind.We normally use Mild steel pipe with ring bracket(protected by gunny sack not to injure the bark) and anchor to the ground also using steel pipes.
- Wrap the tree trunk with gunny sack or other cellulose base material to reduce water loss
- Water twice daily
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE -CLICK BOX :-
ANDA JUGA MUNGKIN BERMINAT -KLIK KOTAK :-
There are more articles listed at the top right column ,listed on the following headings/terdapat banyak lagi artikel disenarai di ruangan kanan/atas dibawah tajuk berikut:-
- Tips on landscape.
- Tips on herbal plants,
- Tips on agriculture
- General tips .